Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wake Me Up in October

The weather is finally cooling off in Blacksburg, VA & with it comes the excitement of some fall time mountain biking. My calendar for October & starting on to November is beginning to look like a married man's dream of freedom. Luckily, I'm still a bachelor with all the freedom to travel, bike, & booze at my leisure.

The places my freedom will take me in the coming months are:

Davis, WV for the Tour de Lilly










Frostburg, MD to visit Chili & ride & drink a beer or 50












A mini Slatyfork, WV shuffle









Douthat State Park, VA







The fall always puts a spell on me. I makes me reflect on the past year of riding, travelling, meeting old friends & making new ones. I think the fall, more than any other time, is when my olfactory senses are so in tune with being in the beautiful outdoors. Campfires, changing leaves, breakfast bacon, honeysuckle, the list could go on for pages about why this is my favorite time of the year.

So get here quick October, and make sure you bring your good friend October-Fest with you!

1 comment:

Camarillo Brillo said...

That road bike looks out of place in Frostburg dude!